Tricks to encourage children in learning mathematics
How to encourage children to enjoy math learning
It is possible that mathematics is one of the subjects that cost high for children today. In order to perform mathematical calculations at tuition centres, children need to concentrate and pay attention to what they are doing; something that sometimes is not entirely easy for children.
But it is necessary that they learn from an early age that the mathematics is fun, so it is ideal to feel that they are not a school imposition if not something that will serve them every day of their lives. But how to encourage children to learn mathematics?
5 tricks to encourage children to learn mathematics
- Start from kids. For children to like mathematics, itis necessary to do it since they are very young. From home you should start motivating by counting up to ten habitual things (climbing stairs, the almonds you give to eat, the pieces of fruit on the plate, etc.), look for patterns or recognize shapes. The ideal is to do it every day.
- Use mathematics in real life. Check and compare prices in the supermarket, recognize the numbers in everyday life in any context, read recipes, calculate prices, measure food for dinner, measure sizes to know what is bigger and what is smaller? etc.
- Do not speak negatively about mathematics. Do not talk bad about math, even if you have a bad experience. Many people jokingly say in front of the children that mathematics is too difficult, and these children listen to it and internalize it. Parents have a duty to tell their children that mathematics is important.
- Motivate them to learn. Motivation is the motor of learning, so children must be motivatedto learn mathematics. If a child does not feel motivated towards these concepts, first they must be motivated, because otherwise they will not want to learn anything. Maths tuition can be helpful in learning the basic counting concepts for children.
- through games. Games are very important for children. With games the little ones learn without realizing it and also having fun. Nowadays, with so many figures and problems to memorize children, they learn that mathematics is something that requires too much work but this does not mean that it is not fun. There are many classic and modern games for children to learn and have fun.