It is essential for a future trainer, especially one who is currently pursuing train the trainer certification course, to be competent enough to embark on an enriching and prestigious career as a trainer. For that, he/she needs to get acquainted with several ways by means of which it is possible to deliver effective training to the people under his/her tutelage. Here are some specific tips and techniques to help a trainer run an effective training session that accomplishes his/her goals in an enjoyable and engaging way, which are essential to be inculcated by the future trainers before they start their career.
1 . The trainer should tell the trainees what he/she is going to cover. It can be very helpful for him/her to introduce the session with a brief overview of the training subject’s main points.
2. The trainer should tell the students about the information. In the main portion of the session, he/she should explain key points, go over policies, demonstrate procedures, and relate any other information trainees need to know.
3. An able trainer should conclude with a summary of his/her opening overview. The usage of repetition can help the trainees grasp and retain information.
4. A trainer should always explain what trainees are going to see before he/she show a multimedia portion. This practice creates a better learning environment by guiding trainees to know what to look for and what to remember. Explaining the purpose of the multimedia ensures an effective reception for its information.
5. He/she should use as much hands-on training as possible. The most effective training uses all the senses to affect learning. The trainer should also know how to demonstrate and apply teaching points to create greater understanding and knowledge of the subject among the students.
6. Tests are most effective when trainees know they will be quizzed, because they’ll pay close attention to the material. Testing is an objective way to determine whether training achieved its goals and a future trainer must know how to utilise this trait properly while they are pursuing a train the trainer certification course.
7. The future trainer should also learn how to repeat questions before answering them. This practice ensures that all participants know what the question is so that they can make sense of the answer.
8. It is essential for the learners a train the trainer certification course to learn the value of punctuality. They should know how to start on time and finish on time. An able educator should not hold up the class waiting for late arrivers and run the class according to the schedule and don’t get too far off course. Opening up discussion among participants may lead to some pertinent tangents, but the trainer should be careful and should not let side issues take over. A future trainer should also know how to ask if there’s enough interest to pursue a separate session on that topic, but get this class back to the lesson plan.
Apart from the abovementioned ways by means of which a future trainer can impart effective training to the trainees under his/her tutelage, there are also certain training methods, which can help the instructions from the trainer become impactful. Here are a few of them.
- Make learning fun
Trainees will not be enthusiastic if training sessions are dry and dull. Few employees respond to or remember complicated concepts or theories; they want to learn practical information about what they can do to get better results today. If they don’t find the message entertaining, they won’t retain it. This is why a learner of a train the trainer certification course should know how to use different training methods to engage trainees in a variety of ways. He/she should also work to alternate the pace of each session to keep trainees’ interest level high.
- Use humour
Humour helps keep enthusiasm at peak levels. Trainers can make a point more effectively by using humour than by drowning trainees in statistics or theories. However, the learner of a train the trainer certification course should learn to avoid telling jokes because humour is so subjective that someone in his/her audience may be offended and lose track of training for the rest of the session. Personal, self-deprecating humour is the safest way to go for any future trainer.
- Use attractive packaging
The future trainer should also know how to use materials that are well-packaged and that communicate value. Professional packaging is a powerful tool for setting a good first impression and makes the overall teaching learning procedure more impactful.
- Encourage participation
The future trainer should learn how to make the session lively by engaging participants in the learning process. He/she should also learn how to encourage everyone in the training session to speak freely and candidly, because learning occurs most readily when feelings are involved.
- Build self-esteem
A learner of a train the trainer certification course should be aware of the ways to create a win-win environment by using the training program to build the participants’ self-worth and self-esteem. This can help in developing the atmosphere and make it conducive for the growth of the trainees in near future.